Our mission at West Coast Equine Medicine
is simple: To provide the highest quality care possible in cooperation with the owners of our patients.
We are a team at West Coast Equine Medicine and we include our clients in the decision making process. We are here to provide you with personalized care of your animals. We will present the options available and will assist you in the treatment that is best for your horse.
Our main focus is general equine medicine, including:
* Pre-purchase exams
* Equine sports medicine
* Digital radiography
* Shockwave Therapy
* Advanced reproduction
* Advanced dentistry
* Equine Veterinary Medical Manipulation
* Field surgery
* Quality care at all stages of life
Equine and Large Animal Services
We are a mobile large
animal practice. To provide you with the best possible care for your
animals, we offer a wide range of services. Here are just a few of the
many services we provide :
Advanced Reproductive Techniques - We are able to assist you with your reproductive projects whether it is one mare or one hundred. We can provide you with a simple ultrasound exam to check for pregnancy or assist with embryo transfer. There is a wide variety of services we provide when it comes to breeding, please contact us so that we can discuss what your needs are and how we can help.
- Digital Radiography - Get the highest quality images with instant results. Our DR system allows us to view images as they are taken, that means no more waiting around for films to develop. We can review the images while the horse and owner are still present and discuss the results.
- Sports Medicine - Lameness, it happens to everyone eventually. Diagnostic blocks, digital ultrasound, digital radiography, joint injections, IRAP, etc. we can help. We will help to diagnose the problem and come up with a treatment plan to get you back in the saddle as soon as possible.
- Advanced Dentistry - Using the latest equipment allows us to do a thorough and complete job depending on your horses needs. We are able to reduce sharp tooth material from the last molar teeth, contour the 6s (bit seats) as well as to reduce sharp surfaces on canine teeth. We are able to do the routine maintenance your horses need. Also, if your horses have dental abnormalities, we are able to help correct these abnormalities over time.
- Equine Veterinary Medical Manipulation - Medical manipulation is a therapy that uses motion palpation to find joint restrictions and then uses a high velocity, low amplitude (HVLA) thrust directed in the plane of the joint to help restore normal range of motion to the joint. Medical manipulation restores freedom of movement, relaxes the muscles and relieves the pain of a restricted joint. EVMM is medical manipulation focused exclusively on equines
- IRAP - Treatment with Interleukin-1 Receptor Antagonist Protein (IRAP) utilizes progressive gene therapy to combat osteoarthritis in your horse. It has been used on a variety of inflammatory conditions including joint lameness, tendon and ligament injuries and muscle injuries. Let us help you decide if IRAP is right for your horse.
Shockwave Therapy - Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive therapeutic treatment for musculoskeletal disorders including both soft tissue and bone injuries. The treatment applies sound waves to the affected area to stimulate a natural self-healing response. Common conditions treated with shockwave therapy: Chronic back pain, muscle soreness, Stress fractures/Bucked shins, Tendon injuries, Ligament injuries, Scar tissue, Arthritis. Contact us to see if shockwave can help your horse be at the top of his or her game!